Monday, May 4, 2015

January Post -- A bit late :)

Okay, I'll try to make up for lost time.  This year has gone fast and furious.  I returned to the classroom after 7 years being an administrator.  The first couple of months were a blur --- really.  I was in a new school, new students, new team, new standards, new curriculum, and new ways of teaching.  I was trying to recall systems, procedures, the do's, the don'ts and all the while not failing my students.  Crazy enough, I wasn't stress.  I knew my students were (most) willing to learn and I just needed to take it day by day.

I must say returning to the classroom has done my heart some good.  Please know I miss working with so many wonderful teachers, but this is different.  Being a teacher again has reminded me of the reasons I started in this profession to being with.  Being part of the IW cohort has given me the PD I was looking for.  I found a way to hook my students into learning and to hook me into learning --- what I wanted to learn.  

One way I was hooked was through Google Classroom.  I started slowly at first (not even understanding how to log in).  LOL.  Now, I love, love, love assigning and monitoring student work.  I started out slow with one assignment, then another, and now most of my classwork is through Google Classroom.  My students now understand they can work on assignments at home if they need more time.  Parents are still learning to check G.C. but good things come to those who wait.  (Or to those who are patient...I'm still working on that one.)

Everyday my world gets a little bit better!!


No comments:

Post a Comment